Vertical text can be achieved two ways.
- Type text.
- Click on the vertical text button as shown below.
If I have horizontal text and decide to change it to vertical I do the following:-
- ensure text to be changed is selected.
- press A on the left side bar (or t on the computer keyboard) to access text features.
- click on the vertical text button to change orientation.
- select text to be changed.
- press T on the top menu bar to open the font menu panel.
- click on the vertical text button.
- press Apply.
Below is a screenshot - showing both methods.
Click on image for a larger view.
Please note if you wish to type multiple lines when you change to vertical, the text will be placed right to left as shown below.